Create new orders, receipts, and process existing transactions.
Create a Purchase Order
Create Purchase Orders
- In the left navigation menu select purchase order.
- Click “+Add Purchase order” to add a new order.
- Complete the purchase order form.
- Click “Save and Continue Edit” to save the order as a draft, or click “Save and Approve” to approve or click “Save and Pending” to mark the order as pending and enter a new order or click “Save and New” to record a new order and save the previous one or click “Save and Close” to close the order and save the order in draft status.
- Add overall discount as per supplier agreement in order.
Purchase order fields and their description
- Vendor: Enter the name of the supplier you would like to order products from. If you enter a name that’s not already a contact, Splendid Account adds it to your Vendor contacts.
- Date: This will default to today’s date. You can change this also.
- Receipt Date: Let your supplier know the date you expect them to deliver the product. You can change this also.
- Order number: Use Splendid Accounts default numbering sequence or you can add your number sequence.
- Reference: Choose a reference to suit your company or your supplier. Later, you may want to search for your purchase order using your chosen reference
- Group: This field appears only if you have set up Groups. Groups let you customize the differentiation of your purchase orders from different groups.
- Currency: If you have a Business Edition plan with multi-currency, you can select a foreign currency vendor that you’ve already added, you can edit the exchange rate if required.
- Add Quick/Scan Product: You can also Scan your multiple products directly from the Barcode scanner or enter a product name or Product number through the Add Quick product box.
If you entered a default currency vendor, it automatically displays.
Purchase order line fields
- Click on the product searching box to add an item to your purchase order. Click the Right icon to save the line item, or click the Cancel icon beside the line item to save or cancel the line item.
- Use the Tab key on your keyboard to move between the lines.
Purchase order line field and description
- Product: Select products if you have inventory items set up for your organization. Inventory items speed up data entry by automatically filling in purchase order fields with information you’ve saved against your inventory items.
If you enter a product that’s not already in inventory, Splendid Account adds it to your inventory.
- Product Description: Enter as much text as you’d like to describe the goods or services you’re ordering. You can include description-only lines in your purchase order.
- Quantity: Enter the number of items you want to purchase.
- Price: Splendid Accounts display the default product price that you have set in the product form or also you can enter your price.
- Discount: Splendid Accounts has three different types of line item discount, (1.Discount% 2.Discount in Amount 3.Disounted price per unit) you can enter your discount as per supplier agreement.
- Detail Group A: This field appears only if you have enabled Groups. Groups let you customize the differentiation of your purchase order in many ways.
- Detail Group B: This field appears only if you have enabled Groups. Groups let you customize the differentiation of your purchase order in many ways.
- Tax: Splendid Account has an option to add multiple Tax on products.
If you have set up the product tax in product form default tax will be display.
Or you can add additional tax into it.
Create GRN and Invoices from order
- Once your order has been created, now you can convert into Good receiving note and Purchase invoice of that order.
Mark as cancel/complete
- Think your order not been accepted by your supplier you can mark your order as canceled.
- Once the order has been canceled you cannot be able to proceed further into GRN and Purchase invoice.
- Only you can make a copy of that order.
- If your order converted into Good receiving notes, you can also mark as Completed your order.
- Once the order has been marked as completed you cannot be able to proceed further into an invoice that order.
- Only you can make a copy of that order.
Generate and Send Via Email
Email or post copies of approved purchase orders to your suppliers.
- You can send your purchase order to your supplier from Splendid Accounts by click on the Send email button.
- Also, you can send the original document to multiple persons and Carbon copy to a different person as CC.
- If you set the vendor email address in vendor contact details, the default “To” email address will be display in the email form.
Purchase order email field description
- From And Reply to Email address setting for outgoing emails in SMTP settings under company settings. If you have not set your email address Default Splendid Accounts mailing address will be used.
- To: Email address of your recipients. If you have saved your recipient’s email address under vendor details default your vendor email address will use for the recipient address.
- Email templates: Splendid Accounts design a unique and generic template for all documents that you have sent from Splendid Accounts in which have complete order with Document PDF details along with the subject line.
Or also you can change your subject line.
- Message body: Default Splendid Account design a unique and generic message for purchase order details.
- You can also write your message in the message body.
- Mark as sent: This only shows if purchase order have an approved status.
Description and narration at the advance filter
Two new filters have been added at all screens were available for the product description and narration of the document in the advance filters option.
Bulk Serial Number Input
Now you can add the series of product serial numbers in Bulk quantity at once in different ways.
- Enter – enter all the serial number with enter key
- Tab – Enter all the numbers by using the tab key of the keyboard
- Character – You can use “,”, “;”, “< space key >”
Multiple discounts at the line item
The system is now allowing to apply multiple discounts on a single line item by enabling the feature from company settings.
Custom Template of Purchase Order
You can set and print the orders document by your own chosen fields. Template fields are set under the printing template in Purchase order customized template from Company settings.
Save Purchase Order Custom Template
You can set and save the multiple order document by your own chosen fields. Template fields are to be set under the printing template in Purchase order customized template from the company setting.
Copy comments for Purchase Order
Splendid accounts is now offering an option under company settings to copy comments from purchase order to good receiving, good receiving to purchase invoice and onwards.
Displaying break up of all taxes in overall tax amount
Tax amount that has been added in line item is displayed separately in overall amount. You can see this on every screen where tax is applied on amount in line item.